[LLVMdev] Segmented Stacks: Pre-midterm work

Rafael Ávila de Espíndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:02:26 PDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 11:03 AM, Sanjoy Das wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Attached my pre-midterm GSoC work for segmented stacks for review (with
> the required fixes).

Nice work!

+  extern bool EnableSegmentedStacks;

Can you add a comment like the other declarations?

I think the patch looks good. There are possible improvements, but the
patch is already in an state where it can be tested and extended by
others, so IMHO it is probably good to commit. Duncan, Chris, what do
you think?

Some possible work items are vaargs, adding optimizations to drop some
of the checks, letting the FE select which functions should have it (and
adding the no_split_stack attribute to clang), generating
.note.GNU-split-stack, etc).

> Thanks!
> --
> Sanjoy Das