[LLVMdev] EQTDDataStructures omits obvious, direct callee from DSCallGraph

Ben Liblit liblit at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 9 20:45:00 PDT 2011

Andrew Lenharth wrote:
> If I remember correctly, it only tries to resolve indirect calls.  The
> analysis doesn't track direct calls because you can do it just as well
> yourself.

DSCallGraph::callee_begin() and DSCallGraph::callee_end() cooperate to
iterate over an empty set (EmptyActual) for any call site not found in
the ActualCallees map.  So if direct calls are not tracked, then I would
expect the callee iterators for *both* direct calls to yield this empty
set.  Getting the empty set for one direct call but a correct singleton
set for the other direct call is a troubling inconsistency that leaves
me unsure which results I can trust and which I cannot.