[LLVMdev] Temporary register subscript

Jun Mendoza junmendoza78 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 21:01:59 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,

I noticed that recently in the online code gen demo that generating the
unique temporaries have been modified.

I don't believe i changed any options. (C++, demangle names, no
optimization)

*Where:*
*
*
if(x >= y){
}

*Previously Compiles to:*

%0 = load i32* %x, align 4
%1 = load i32* %y, align 4
%2 = icmp sge i32 %0, %1
br i1 %2, label %bb, label %bb1

bb:
; true goes here

*Currently Compiles to:*

%tmp = load i32* %x
%tmp1 = load i32* %y
%cmp = icmp sge i32 %tmp, %tmp1
br i1 %cmp, label %if.then, label %if.end

if.then:
; true goes here

If this is the case then is there a mailing list or Status update page
that reflects this behavior?

My question may seem trivial however, im still in llvm exploration mode :)

Im working on a compiler that generates LLVM IR and for the moment i
dont use the code gen API. I rely on the Assembly manual and demo for
reference (Although at some point i will need to use the API in order
to take full advantage).

Thanks,

Jun