[LLVMdev] LowerSetJmp Dead?

Bill Wendling wendling at apple.com
Wed Aug 3 14:32:12 PDT 2011

This pains me to ask, because I'm the original author of this pass, but is the LowerSetJmp pass dead? I created a simple program, manually converted it to use the @llvm.setjmp/@llvm.longjmp intrinsics, ran "opt -lowersetjmp" on it, and tried to compile it only to get this:

  "___llvm_sjljeh_throw_longjmp", referenced from:
      foo()    in ccf8Gf0w.o
  "___llvm_sjljeh_init_setjmpmap", referenced from:
      _main in ccf8Gf0w.o
  "___llvm_sjljeh_add_setjmp_to_map", referenced from:
      _main in ccf8Gf0w.o
  "___llvm_sjljeh_destroy_setjmpmap", referenced from:
      _main in ccf8Gf0w.o
  "___llvm_sjljeh_is_longjmp_exception", referenced from:
      _main in ccf8Gf0w.o
  "___llvm_sjljeh_get_longjmp_value", referenced from:
      _main in ccf8Gf0w.o
  "___llvm_sjljeh_try_catching_longjmp_exception", referenced from:
      _main in ccf8Gf0w.o

A quick scan through the sources showed none of these symbols in it.

Should we just get rid of this pass and the intrinsics?

-bw