[LLVMdev] Is this a bug in clang?

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Wed Apr 20 10:23:16 PDT 2011

On 04/20/2011 10:07 AM, Ahmed Charles wrote:
> Technically, it could've sent the mail before you even thought about
> writing it.

As a some-time student of General Relativity, technically, no it
couldn't. :-)

> ...Undefined is undefined,  there are no requirements.

The question was about which noun "undefined" qualifies--is it the
behavior of the compiler which is undefined, or merely the behavior of
the compiler's output?  I gather the answer may be the former, while I'd
have guessed that it is merely the latter.  I suppose one argument in
favor of the answer being the former is that it is the more insane
answer, and therefore a priori more likely to be the decision of the
committee. :-)

Not that it is greatly important that I know the answer, I guess, or I'd
actually look it up.

Dustin