[LLVMdev] LLVM wiki to be removed 5/19

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Tue Apr 19 10:35:29 PDT 2011

LLVMers,

The LLVM wiki will be removed on May 19th. It would be great if people could move any important content to the LLVM docs before this happens.

There are three main reasons for removing the wiki:
1) It is full of spam.
2) It is bad to have documentation in two very separate places.
3) The documentation over there is not getting reviewed.

While I am sure this may be upsetting to some, we feel that all documentation should be treated consistently in the project, and the wiki runs counter to this.  That said, we don't want to lose any of the useful content that is still on the wiki, so we're going to keep it around for this month to allow time to merge content from the wiki into the other documentation.

Thanks,
Tanya