[LLVMdev] Coarse-grained parallelism

Andreas Wilhelm andreas.wilhelm at gmx.com
Tue Apr 19 03:57:26 PDT 2011

Hello,

 I found some code within the pool allocation project to identify parallelizable function calls.
 Unfortunately the functionality isn't part of the current release of poolalloc (in release 14 it was).

 My intention is to estimate the parallelization-potential of sequential applications concerning coarse-grained parallelism.
 Can you tell me...

 1. Why are classes of pollalloc, like the one for creating a Program Dependence Graph (DPG), not supported anymore?
 2. Do you know any other existing tools or practices to identify parallelizable function calls?

 Thanks in advance

 Andreas