[LLVMdev] Requirements for the EH representation

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Apr 13 02:06:48 PDT 2011

Hi John,

I'll read your email with greater care along the week, but I have
added a page on the wiki to help us organise our thoughts.

http://wiki.llvm.org/Exception_Handling

I'll change it as I go reading your email, but for now, I've separated
into each of the requirements you said. New ones could be added,
existing ones merged, but the most important is to add more complete
rationale to each, so every one agrees on the same thing when reading
them.

I think we lost a lot of context from last year when the discussion
started, and we had a lot of momentum and came up with good design
decisions for the IR language (IMO). We should immortalise it in an
official document in SVN.

Let's start on the wiki and move to docs whenever that's set in stone.

cheers,
--renato