[LLVMdev] dragonegg vs xplor-nih

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Apr 13 00:36:54 PDT 2011

Hi Jack,

> Pretty impressive. It will be very interesting to see how dragonegg performs once
> -fplugin-arg-dragonegg-enable-gcc-optzns become usable at -ffast-math -O3.

I originally intended -fplugin-arg-dragonegg-enable-gcc-optzns as an aid for
analysing performance differences between gcc and dragonegg.  But it sounds like
you systematically want to run LLVM optimizations after all GCC optimizations,
presumably to get the fastest possible executables.  If this gives good results
I will add -fplugin-arg-dragonegg-enable-gcc-optzns to my list of features that
need to be 100% robust.

Ciao, Duncan.