[LLVMdev] built-in longjmp and setjmp

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Tue Apr 12 15:15:19 PDT 2011

If you want an automated method, then using the source code re-writer interfaces in clang is probably a reasonable starting place. Just modifying the source code manually is probably easier, though, to be honest.

As a moderate caveat to all of this, there are some bits of code out there that use these builtins that are very tightly coupled to the compiler (the Linux kernel used to do this, I think, and maybe still does). Those sorts of situations are unlikely to be solved satisfactorily by moving to library calls (performance reasons, usually). The appropriate solution there will be very situation specific and will likely involve refactoring the implementations in question to some degree.

Regards,
  Jim