[LLVMdev] linearizing aggregates

shreyas krishnan shreyas76 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:06:54 PDT 2011

Hi

 I have asked the clang mailing list if it can be done in clang.
However, i would like to also check if it
 can be done as a BC level transformation.

  I would like to address  aggregates (structures, arrays)  in a
linear fashion and in terms of the simplest target type that is
embedded in these data structures,   So a 2 dimensional array becomes
a single dimension array. A structure with a character and array is
addressed in terms of the target size of character.  So hopefully
express the
address calculation in terms of one GEP(base, offset) or if  GEP cant
express it  use my intrinsic.
Is that feasible ? If so, can that be done as a bc transformation.

thanks'
shrey