[LLVMdev] Some sort of DAG lowering error

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:15:02 PDT 2011

I'm seeing the following result on code which has run successfully before on Linux, and
currently successfully runs on OS X 10.6.x:

Stack dump:
0.	Running pass 'X86 DAG->DAG Instruction Selection' on function '@outerCatchFunct'
Segmentation fault

This process was built as part of the LLVM tree with:

setenv CC /usr/local/bin/gcc
setenv CFLAGS -march=i686
setenv CXX /usr/local/bin/g++
setenv CXXFLAGS -march=i686
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib

with gcc version 4.2.1

uname -a: Linux domU-12-31-38-04-95-A7 2.6.34.6-54.24.amzn1.i686 #1 SMP Fri Sep 17 23:13:59 UTC 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Although this result was currently generated from head, I actually saw this error 6 months ago,
and ignored it thinking it was my configuration; mea maxima culpa :-). I'm not so sure now, but before
I go deep into building another local configuration, and debugging this, would someone be
willing to test this on their version of a llvm linux installation?

To build the test do the equivalent of:

1) setenv BUILD_EXAMPLES 1
2) make

at the top of the llvm tree

Then run:

<release type>/examples/ExceptionDemo 2 3 7 -1

at the top of the llvm object root where <release type> == 	Release+Asserts for example

Thanks in advance

Garrison