[LLVMdev] Polly - extending its polyhedral model

Tobias Grosser grosser at fim.uni-passau.de
Sat Apr 9 08:05:05 PDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 11:02 PM, Arnaldo wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> Is there someone planning to work on adding to Polly the techniques
> described in "The polyhedral model is more widely applicable than you
> think" to increase the coverage of the polyhedral model?
>
> I'm not familiar with Polly, but this would involve modifying its
> front-end and the code generator right?  Any idea of how difficult
> this would be?

Hi Arnaldo,

we plan to implement such extensions. However, at the moment there are
still a lot of low hanging fruits within the strict model.

If you want to introduce the first piece of non linearity the easiest
extension is the support of access functions with non linear array
subscripts. They can be modeled as maywrite or read accesses of the
whole array. This extension does not require any code generation
changes, but only changes to the SCopDetection and the ScopInfo pass.

Cheers
Tobi