[LLVMdev] calling LLVM from C++ and passing C structs to work on?

Christoph Duelli duelli at melosgmbh.de
Fri Apr 8 00:09:13 PDT 2011

I have written a parser and "engine" for a simple scripting language -
before I knew about LLVM.

I am thinking about whether it would be possible (and a good idea) to
rewrite it to use the LLVM.
A main issue that I am not sure if LLVM can provide is the following:
     The script (which is called from C++ code) gets passed several C
structs that have been populated
      by the calling C++ code.
      These can be accessed (both read and modified) from the script in
the usual C notation.

Is it possible to integrate that with LLVM?

I have glanced over the docs but didn't find out whether this is possible.
Any links to relevant bits of the LLVM docs would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

--
Christoph Duelli

MELOS GmbH
Medizinische Labor-Organisations-Systeme GmbH
Franz-Beer-Straße 6
86459 Gessertshausen
Tel.: +49 8238/9611-0
Fax: +49 8238/9611-99
mailto: info at melosgmbh.de

Amtsgericht Augsburg, HRB 13226
USt-IdNr. DE 130 958 139
Geschäftsführer:
Herbert Mayer, Andreas Manntz, Helmut Welsch
This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete it from your system.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this e-mail or its contents in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.
MELOS GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.
MELOS GmbH does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.