[LLVMdev] Assuring ARM code quality in LLVM

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Apr 7 23:58:53 PDT 2011

Hi Renato,

> I was recently investigating the build bot infrastructure and noticed
> that the arm-linux target is failing for quite a long time. I believe
> that it means ARM code is not executed all that often in LLVM tests,
> is that correct?
>
> We were wondering what kind of support we could give to make sure ARM
> code is correct and don't regress, specially before releases (I know
> it's a bit late for 2.9).
>
> We have thought about some routes:
>   - Install some build slaves on our side, so you can test them (linux,
> bare-metal), if it's possible to cross-compile on build slaves.

there are several idle ARM buildslaves.  There are the following slaves:

gcc35:        # 1TB     0.8  GHz Freescale i.MX515 (ARM Cortex-A8) / 512 MB RAM
/ Efika MX Client Dev Board

gcc50:        # 250G     0.6  GHz ARM XScale-80219 / 512 MB RAM / Thecus N2100 NAS

gcc55:        # 250G     1.2  GHz ARM Feroceon 88FR131 (kirkwood) / 512 MB RAM /
Marvell SheevaPlug

gcc56:        # 320G     1.2  GHz ARM Feroceon 88FR131 (kirkwood) / 512 MB RAM /
Marvell SheevaPlug

gcc57:        # 320G     1.2  GHz ARM Feroceon 88FR131 (kirkwood) / 512 MB RAM /
Marvell SheevaPlug

I can give you access to these machines if you like (send me your public ssh
key).

Ciao, Duncan.