[LLVMdev] instrument a byte code with llvm

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at grenoble-inp.fr
Tue Apr 5 11:47:59 PDT 2011

John Criswell <criswell at illinois.edu> writes:

> On 4/5/11 11:36 AM, Nabila ABDESSAIED wrote:
>
>     2011/4/5 John Criswell <criswell at illinois.edu>
>
>         On 4/5/11 11:22 AM, Nabila ABDESSAIED wrote:
>
>             hi,
>             I'm newer in llvm
>             i would like to instrument a byte code with a pass and as a result i would like to get an instrumented byte
>             code.
>
>         To rephrase, you want to instrument a program so that, when you run it, it computes the number of instructions
>         executed at run-time.  Is this correct?
>
>         By number of instructions, do you mean LLVM instructions or native code instructions?
>
>     native code instruction a .bc code

Hi Nabila ;-)

That reminds me a lot the work of Patrice Gerin:

http://tima.imag.fr/tima/fr/mediatheque/PhDthesisresult_id316.html

and

@conference{bouchhima2009automatic,
  title={{Automatic instrumentation of embedded software for high level
  hardware/software co-simulation}},
  author={Bouchhima, A. and Gerin, P. and P{\'e}trot, F.},
  booktitle={Proceedings of the 2009 Asia and South Pacific Design
  Automation Conference},
  pages={546--551},
  year={2009},
  organization={IEEE Press}