[LLVMdev] compiling bitccode to executable binary/LLI

Reid Kleckner reid.kleckner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:39:08 PDT 2011

The easiest way is just to invoke clang on the .bc file, since it
understands it.
clang file.bc -o file

llc will get you native assembly, which you can assemble and link with gcc.
llc file.bc -o file.s && gcc file.s -o file

I couldn't find a way to convince llc to use MC to generate an object
file.  In any case, you'll need to invoke the system linker to produce
the executable.

Reid