[LLVMdev] compiling bitccode to executable binary/LLI

Nipun Arora nipun2512 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:34:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how exactly can one convert a .bc file (bitcode file)
to an executable in the native program.

I was trying an instrumentation transform with the following workflow

opt -insert-edge-profiling input.bc -o output.bc

and then try and execute output.bc using

lli output.bc

however the program gives the following error :  Program used external
function 'llvm_start_edge_profiling' which could not be resolved!.

Could anyone guide me to the correct workflow for doing such transforms and
then executing them?

Thanks
Nipun