[LLVMdev] LLVM JIT--Function Specialization and Stack rewriting

Will Dietz willdtz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:28:09 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm looking at using LLVM to do some dynamic transforms of code, and
was wondering if someone could comment on the current status of how
LLVM handles function specialization, in particular how it
updates/rewrites existing (previously emitted) code (possibly
rewriting stack of currently executing threads as appropriate).

Does anything like this already exist?  Are there projects that do
anything similar?

Or if someone has any thoughts on how one might accomplish such a
thing in LLVM, I would certainly appreciate hearing them :).  I'm okay
making it architecture specific, at least for now.

Thank you for your time,

~Will