[LLVMdev] Job opening to post to list:

Masuhr, Mike mmasuhr at qualcomm.com
Thu Sep 23 14:22:17 PDT 2010

LLVM Compiler Developer

This person will be part of a development team for a proprietary processor. We are developing a highly optimizing compilation tools based on LLVM, and those tools will be a key factor in the success of the product.

Desired experience:
- 5+ years compiler development experience
- Extensive knowledge of LLVM internals
- Strong knowledge of compiler internals (e.g., loop optimization, global optimization, code generation)
- Strong knowledge of dynamic compilation and virtual machines
- Significant experience with modern software development tools
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Knowledge of software development practices and methodology
- Programming in Java, C/C++, assembly language

Responsibilities include
- Work with processor architects, software developers, and other compiler/tools developers to understand compiler needs and directions
- Retarget and tune existing compiler features for our processor
- Research, design, implement, and test new compiler features
- Analyze code generated by compiler for both performance and code size
- Work with LLVM community to ensure continued high performance for the processor in new releases of the compiler
- Work with LLVM community to get compiler patches accepted

Mike Masuhr | Qualcomm Staffing
Qualcomm Incorporated
<http://www.q>5775 Morehouse Drive
San Diego, CA 92121