[LLVMdev] Vectors in structures

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Tue Sep 21 10:14:56 PDT 2010

On 21 September 2010 18:03, Bob Wilson <bob.wilson at apple.com> wrote:
> Because that is what ARM has specified?  They define the vector types that are used with their NEON intrinsics as "containerized vectors".  Perhaps someone on the list from ARM can explain why they did it that way.

That's ok, but why do you need to do that in the IR? I mean, in the
end, the boilerplate will be optimized away and all that's left will
be the vector instruction, either compiled or JITed.

> As you noted, the struct wrappers produce a lot of extra code but it should all be optimized away.  If you see a case where that is not happening, please file a bug report.

So far so good, all operations I've tried with Clang are being
correctly generated to a load+op+store triple.

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at