[LLVMdev] Accurate garbage collection

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Fri Sep 17 04:16:21 PDT 2010

On 17/09/10 09:55, Pedro Ferreira wrote:
> As I understand it, LLVM simply gives you support for garbage collectors
> that you have to implement yourself and link into the final binary,
> similar to what C's malloc does (it's a library call). The issue with
> GC's is that they need to be provided info about the stack, thats where
> LLVM's support comes in.

Are there any standalone accurate garbage collectors that I could use in
my project, rather than having to write me own (or use libgc, which is
what I'm doing now)? Garbage collectors are subtle and very tricky and I
really don't want to have to do one myself, as I know I'll just get it
wrong.

│
│ life←{ ↑1 ⍵∨.^3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵ }
│ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL