[LLVMdev] Announcing: LLVM 2.8 Release Candidate 2 Tagging Tonight

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Sep 15 03:01:26 PDT 2010

Hi Bill,

> I created tags instead of tarballs. You can use the llvm/utils/release/test-release.sh script to download and build the releases.

I think it is important to provide binaries for the release candidates and have
people test them.  This catches problems such as the binary being linked with
libffi because the person who did the build has libffi installed, making the
binaries unusable for many users (most of whom do not have libffi installed).
This particular example actually happened during a past release.

Ciao,

Duncan.