[LLVMdev] MMX vs SSE

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Wed Sep 8 15:08:19 PDT 2010

I'm working on changing the MMX implementation to use intrinsics in
all cases, which should stop various optimization passes from creating
MMX instructions that screw up the x87 stack.   Right now the MMX
instructions are split between X86InstrMMX.td and X86InstrSSE.td,
presumably on the historical grounds that some of them weren't
introduced until SSE or SSSE3, and require support for that feature to
work.  I'm thinking it would be cleaner to keep them all in
X86InstrMMX.  Does anyone have an opinion about this?