[LLVMdev] More DIFactory questions - still stumped

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Tue Sep 7 09:11:02 PDT 2010

On 7 September 2010 16:49, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple.com> wrote:
> Your recent changes mentioned below would change correctness of debug info,
> but it would unlikely to impact structure of DWARF generated. And somehow,
> this structure is invalid in your case.

I was hoping for a quick-fix on the assumptions of DwarfDebug about
Subprograms' MDNodes, but it might be anywhere.

Reducing the test case is the best solution, but it might not be easy.

Validating the MDNodes in DIFactory (or anywhere before DwarfDebug)
would be a good step to ensure IR consistency and isolate problems.
Unfortunately, it is the kind of thing that is not fundamental to get
things working, so it always gets left behind... ;)

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at