[LLVMdev] Line number information (and other metadata)

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Fri Sep 3 15:19:18 PDT 2010

On 02/09/10 20:21, Renato Golin wrote:
[...]
> Which contains downloads, release notes and the docs for every release.

Unfortunately the doxygen API documentation link at
http://llvm.org/releases/2.7/docs/index.html actually link to the main
doxygen pages, which appear to be based on head-of-SVN. In fact, the
doxygen links for *all* releases point there!

Is this intention, or a linkage failure?

(I find the doxygen docs really useful as an index to let me find which
headers actually contain the classes.)

[...]
>> (PS. Please don't cc me on replies. I'm on the list, I don't need two
>> copies.)
>
> Your mail client should know better... Mine does. ;) You're not being
> CC'd, the list is...

Yeah, sorry, that was the wrong piece of boilerplate.

I suppose I should really add a new boilerplate for 'Please don't send
list messages directly to me as that way they don't have the List-Id
header, which means that even though procmail is correctly filtering the
messages my MUA doesn't know they belong to a mailing list, and
therefore doesn't show a 'Reply To List' option, thus forcing me to
either manually edit the sender list every time I want to reply to one
of these messages, or else have to write procmail rules to manually
reinsert the List-Id header for messages that are cc'd to the list but
haven't arrived via the mailing list server, and forcing me to have to
read the procmailrc man page is just *evil*', but that's a bit long...

(Plus it's antisocial for anyone who reads the mailing list via GMANE
NNTP, message digests, etc.)

│
│ "Home is where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in."
│ --- Cordelia Naismith