[LLVMdev] Cross-compiling LLVM with llvm-gcc produces a lot of warnings

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Sep 3 09:43:38 PDT 2010

> /[..]/lib/gcc/i386-mingw32/4.2.1/../../../../i386-mingw32/bin/ld:
> /[..]/build-llvm/Release/lib/libLLVMSupport.a(APInt.o): warning:
> duplicate section `.text$linkonce__ZNK4llvm5APIntngEv' has
> different size
>
> Is this normal/known?
Yes, this is known problem. In fact it was here for ages, but
previously we just grabbed
one "instance" of linkonce function without checking whether other
copies are the same.
Starting from May we're also checking for the contents and thus this
warning appeared.

Two copies of the linkonce function in question are almost identical,
however, one has all
EH stuff and other - don't. I haven't looked yet who is responsible
for this problem, but my
current assumption that this is a frontend fault.

Same problem can be seen via just libstdc++ compilation on mingw32.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov