[LLVMdev] dragonegg plugin invoking issue

Rehman Saeed rehman_saeed at live.com
Wed Sep 1 03:18:02 PDT 2010

>>Hi Rehman, does it work if you remove -fvisibility=hidden
from these two lines

>>in the Makefile:

>>  CFLAGS+=-Wall
$(shell $(LLVM_CONFIG) --cflags) -fvisibility=hidden

>>  CXXFLAGS+=-Wall
$(shell $(LLVM_CONFIG) --cxxflags) -fvisibility=hidden

>>?
I tried it with clean build and yes it did work when I remove the -fvisibility=hidden option

>> - Modified the llvm-backend.cpp in dragonegg to make
available the global

>> plugin_is_GPL_compatible publically

>>What exactly did you change here?

 GCC docs says that plugin_is_GPL_compatible need to be defined even if uninitialized so was trying to define this symbol by changing in llvm-backend.cpp:

int plugin_is_GPL_compatible LLVM_GLOBAL_VISIBILITY;

Cheers,Rehman