[LLVMdev] Identify recursion in a call graph

Trevor Harmon Trevor.W.Harmon at nasa.gov
Fri Oct 29 14:10:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

Is there any facility in LLVM to identify recursion in a call graph? I
realize this is undecidable in the general case due to function
pointers, but at least the static cases could be identified. I don't
even care about whole-program recursion, just looking at a single
module would suffice. But I don't see anything like this already in
LLVM, so do I simply write some code to look for cycles in the call
graph? Thanks,

Trevor