[LLVMdev] PowerPC : Assertion `MovePCtoLROffset & & " MovePCtoLR not seen yet?" ' failed.

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Wed Oct 27 11:47:54 PDT 2010

I'm not working on it, but I might be able to help find the problem.  What this means is that you're generating code in PIC mode, and an object that requires a PIC register to reference is being addressed, and no PIC register was allocated.   The allocation was supposed to happen in PPCDAGtoDAGISel::Select when the reference was processed, and a MovePCtoLR instruction inserted at that time.  Somebody can probably figure it out by stepping through that.