[LLVMdev] [llvm-commits] Fwd: Proof of concept patch for unifying the .s/ELF emission of .ARM.attributes

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Thu Oct 21 12:05:45 PDT 2010

2010/10/21 Jason Kim <jasonwkim at google.com>:
> That is exactly what I need - I need a nice MC way to output a at
> least two different 4 byte size fields after all of the blobs in the
> .ARM.attributes are sent out.

Hi Jason,

If I got it right, you need to write to the attributes section after
you have moved out to print the rest of the file.

I can't think of an example right now that would require that (as you
have most important information from the IR), but I believe GAS does
that when guessing the build attributes.

What are these two word you need to write? Why can't you write them
when building the attributes section?

cheers,
--renato