[LLVMdev] How to register a new LLVM backend

Giuliano Vilela giulianoxt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 11:48:45 PDT 2010

Thanks for the info.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:

> > My project code is outside the source tree, and I've altered the Makefile to
> > generate a shared library for the backend (libLLVMRiscoCodeGen.so).
> You cannot do this anymore. You need to alter the build system (add
> stuff to configure, etc.)

That's unfortunate. In order to test the backend, currently, I have to
build it and then link llc again: the linking process in freezing my
machine pretty bad for a while. Is there a easier way to debug changes
to a backend? Maybe speed up llc linking?

--
[]'s

Giuliano Vilela.