[LLVMdev] More DIFactory questions - still stumped

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 11:04:18 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2010, at 8:17 AM, Devang Patel wrote:
>
> >> Interestingly enough, I just upgraded to the latest Ubuntu (10.10 -
> Maverick Meercat), and the LLVM-generated code no longer builds: I get the
> following error in the assembler stage (after the bitcode is converted to
> assembly):
> >>
> >>    SwitchStmtTest.s: Assembler messages:
> >>    SwitchStmtTest.s:294899: Fatal error: duplicate .debug_line sections
> >>

> > This is a known Linux binutils bug. There is a llvm pr in bugzilla
> database, I don't remember the no. though.
>
> Direct .o file writing support for ELF is nearing functionality, it will
> define away this sort of issue.

While that is great news, I'd like to also keep the ability to build via
assembly language, as the ability to examine the assembly has been useful in
solving many otherwise difficult bugs. (Especially given the difficulties
I've had getting source-level debugging to work.)

For now, however, do you know if there is a workaround for this issue?

--
-- Talin