[LLVMdev] [LLVMDev] Phi elimination: Who does what

Jeff Kunkel jdkunk3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 13:19:05 PDT 2010

When doing phi elimination, does one have to communicate with the
stack space at all? The problem I see is two distinctly different
registers may have two distinctly different stack spaces. When these
registers are combined in a phi, the values the registers point to
needs to be moved, combined, or otherwise taken care of. I understand
this is the job of the stack space colorer, but when doing phi
elimination, does one need to tell the stack space colorer that the
phi did exist?

Thanks,
Jeff Kunkel