[LLVMdev] LLVM and "who does delete"

Nabil Stendardo nabil.stendardo at bluewin.ch
Tue Oct 5 11:54:01 PDT 2010

  Hi,

I am new to LLVM, and I am pretty much paranoid about loose pointers. I
would like to write a compiler in C++ + boost + llvm, but am worried
about the pointers created and passed as parameters, especially about
whose responsibility it is of deallocating them (does the LLVM API do it
internally, or is it the application programmer's responsibility?). And
what is the best practice for dealing with pointers (only new, new +
delete, encapsulated reference counting just as boost::shared_ptr, etc.)?

Thank you in advance,

Nabil Stendardo