[LLVMdev] way to determine which version of llvm for llvm-gcc? Xcode specifically

Robb Kistler rkistler at arxan.com
Mon Oct 4 16:50:35 PDT 2010

I'd like to know if there is a way to find out which llvm version a given version of llvm-gcc is using for code generation.

Specifically, I'm working with Xcode 3.2.5's arm-apple-darwin10-llvm-g++-4.2

Calling it with --version and --verbose don't give any hints.  I want to run the compiler with --emit-llvm and eventually call llc.  llc isn't included in Xcode so I want to make sure I use the correct version.

Thanks in advance
--Robb Kistler