[LLVMdev] CMake "sudo make install" & headers

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Oct 1 18:00:39 PDT 2010

Samuel Williams <space.ship.traveller at gmail.com> writes:

> If you review the install log I sent, you will see that the patterns
> still appear to work as expected.

Nope. It ends installing too much files (*.td files, for instance)

> Despite that this may be a flaws in CMake, it may be prudent to see if
> it is possible to fix this for Mac OS X users? It may also affect
> other platforms?

If it affected Mac OS X users, I would implement a workaround, but after
almost two years of existence of the CMake build you are the only one
reporting this problem. So you'll better follow the path hinted by Pau
Garcia i Quiles and check if there is a problem specific of your
setup. A good way of doing that is to open a bug report on the CMake
project.

> According to the documentation: The FILES_MATCHING option may be given
> before the first match option to disable installation of files (but
> not directories) not matched by any expression. I'm not sure I
> understand exactly what this means, but it seems to appear that it it
> is superfluous? Previously, it states: A PATTERN will match only
> complete file names. So, the patterns only apply to files anyway, and
> not directories? I fail to see the point of FILES_MATCHING, but I may
> just be misinterpreting the documentation.

You are reading the documentation incorrectly. FILES_MATCHING is
required for installing the files matching the patterns, and only
those. As said on my previous message, if you remove FILES_MATCHING the
PATTERNs are useless unless followed by some other clause, like EXCLUDE.