[LLVMdev] CMake "sudo make install" & headers

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Oct 1 06:57:37 PDT 2010

Samuel Williams <space.ship.traveller at gmail.com> writes:

> Do many other Mac users use CMake from the command line?

I would be very surprised if you get different results using the gui
interface of CMake.

> Are you able to tell me the exact process that installs the headers,
> so I have somewhere to start to debug the issue?

>From the POV of the script author, there is no "process" involved: it is
just a CMake statement. You can do some experiments, like putting

message(STATUS "We reached the header install part")

just before

install(DIRECTORY include/
  DESTINATION include

on the toplevel CMakeLists.txt file, and see if the message appears on
the console when you invoke cmake. If it doesn't, that part of the
script is not being reached. This is a long shot, though.