[LLVMdev] Next round of DWARF issues/questions

Devang Patel dpatel at apple.com
Mon Nov 29 16:42:05 PST 2010

On Nov 25, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Talin wrote:

> Also, in my original message in this thread, I listed 3 issues. The one we've been discussing is issue #1 (class sizes coming out as zero) which I will consider solved.

ok

> However, I never did figure out the answers to the other two issues I mentioned: 2) llvm.dbg.declare() not working for local variables,

I suggest, you try looking at LLVM IR generated for small c test cases by Clang to understand what is missing link in your FE generated LLVM IR.

> and 3) dwarfdump printing lots of errors when trying to dump a module produced by my frontend - even though when I check the debug info manually it all appears to be correct.

I am assuming same dwarfdump error is repeated multiple times. Only thing I can suggest is get as small as possible LLVM IR where dwarfdump produces one or two errors and attach it to bugzilla PR.

-
Devang