[LLVMdev] RFC: Exception Handling Proposal II

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Mon Nov 29 00:17:28 PST 2010

Hi John,

> This is well-formed SSA;  the alloca instruction %x is in the entry block and thus dominates both the store in %try and the load in %catch...

this brings up the question of whether we should allow a catch handler to be
attached to the entry block.  My feeling is that it should be disallowed.  If
it was allowed then values defined in the entry block (like alloca's) would no
longer be guaranteed to dominate every other block in the function.

Ciao,

Duncan.