[LLVMdev] MC ELFObjectWriter backend refactoring

Jason Kim jasonwkim at google.com
Mon Nov 22 15:43:16 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola
<rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Heads up: I just lifted some code from X86::RecordRelocation to
>> ELFObjectWriter -
>> More to follow.
>
> Thanks,
> How far do you want to go? I was playing with the idea of factoring
> the relocation recording into another class and moving those to
> lib/Target/*. That way the ELF writer becomes non-virtual again.

Hi Rafael,
The ERE stuff I lifted was a no-brainer.
It might be worth while to make into a new arch specific method for
setting of each slot in the ERE (plus the other bookkeeping for weak
symbols). I have been playing around for a while.
I need to first get some basic relocations in ARM up and running -
Probably in a few days (modulo Turkey day), I'll have a better idea.

Thanks,
-jason