[LLVMdev] Copy Instruction from one Basic block to another

Soumya Prasad Ukil ukil.soumya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:31:35 PST 2010

I want to do the following:

suppose the program structure:

                                                    bb
                                                 /       \
                                            bb1          bb2
                                                \         /
                                                   bb3

                                                    bb4
              Now I want to create a new basic block, say bb5 between bb2 &
bb3, copy some instructions from bb3 to bb5. Then I want to add between bb2
and bb3, then outgoing edge from bb5 is to be attached with bb4. Finally my
program will look like :

                                                    bb
                                                 /        \
                                            bb1          bb2
                                                bb3      bb5
                                                     \    /
                                                     bb4

                     Can you please help me out? How to proceed onto it?
Thanx in advance.

--
regards,
soumya prasad ukil