[LLVMdev] ScheduleDAG Question

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Fri Nov 12 16:08:23 PST 2010

David Greene <dag at cray.com> writes:

> I'm missing?  Why does ScheduleDAGSDNodes even keep an insert point?
> It is bound to get out of sync with InstrEmitter.

Ok, I figured out what ScheduleDAG has an insert point.  Apparently
it's used for other types of schedulers.

I fixed the problem by changing the ScheduleDAGEmit.cpp code to
query the InstrEmitter for its insert point.  Unfortunately a
testcase is harder to produce because I ran into this problem
compiling for AVX and the current llvm trunk doesn't support
enough AVX to be able to compile the testcase.

I'm working on that.  :)

                       -Dave