[LLVMdev] Wiki to HTML docs

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Thu Nov 11 14:04:00 PST 2010

So, I managed to get something. It's not perfect but it's far too easy. ;)

Step 1:

Go to wiki.llvm.org -> preferences -> skin -> set to MySkin.

It'll give you the 'DebugInformation-LLVM.html' file attached.

Step 2:

With 5 minutes of VI editing gives you 'DebugInformation-LLVM-2.html',
which is QUITE close to the LLVM standard, at least visually.

The changes were:
 - %s/<span class="editsection.*]<\/span>//  # remove [edit]
 - %s/<span class="toctoggle.*]<\/span>//    # remove [hide]
 - add <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://llvm.org/docs/llvm.css"
type="text/css">
 - remove all CSS info, footer, TOC wrapper table

All that can be done in Python easily, but I wonder if the resulting
HTML is up to standards. The script could also change the class of
some div/span and re-root the links, add the footer, as is usual for
HTML fiddling.

The final HTML source is not pretty, but is similar to what it would
be from a simple HTML editor, so no harm done.

If you guys think it's ok, I'll wrap up a Python script to fiddle the
result and call it a day. All other methods are far too complex for
such task... ;)

--
cheers,
--renato