[LLVMdev] More metadata questions

guyadini guyadini at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 06:43:53 PST 2010

Hi,

I hope I'm not too annoying with my newbie questions.
I've read the new (great!) wiki about the DI* classes, and I still can't
figure out how to insert metadata into the LLVM IR.

Let's say that I want to have two passes, one that creates some metadata
string and inserts it into the IR, and the second one that reads it and acts
according to what it finds (or doesn't find).

Are the DI* classes the right way to go?
Or should I use MDString, etc?

Either way, I've found lots of ways to define them, but not the right way to
actually get them to be where I want them in the IR.

Thanks a lot,
Guy