[LLVMdev] Compiling front end for ARM target

tonyg362 tonyg3622 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 17:22:31 PDT 2010

I am trying to compile llvm-gcc for an ARm target. I usine the following
configure options:

/home/tony/llvm/llvm-gcc/configure
--prefix=/home/tony/llvm/llvm-gcc-install/ --program-prefix=llvm-arm-
--enable-llvm=/home/tony/llvm/llvm-install/ --enable-pic --disable-bootstrap
--target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --enable-languages=c,c++

Then I try to make:

make ENABLE_PROFILING=1 ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1

However I encounter a no such file error for crti.o when linking. crti.o
exists in /usr/lib/ and /usr/lib64/ as well as
/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/lib/ which
is in my path.

Anybody know how to solve this? Or have better instructions on how to build
llvm on x86_64 for an ARM target?