[LLVMdev] Debug Information Wiki Page

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Nov 6 11:02:19 PDT 2010

On Nov 6, 2010, at 9:17 AM, Renato Golin wrote:

> On 5 November 2010 22:35, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
>> This looks like great information.  Could it be wrapped up into llvm/docs/SourceLevelDebugging.html instead of put on the wiki page?
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> It originally was (I still have the source html), but to make it
> easier for people to contribute, we thought it'd be easier to put on a
> wiki.
>
> Me, Talin and Devag had a few rounds via email and it wasn't easy to
> keep up the changes and to know which was the most recent version.
>
> The wiki version is not far off from where we stopped in the HTML
> (using LLVM CSS), so it's just a matter of what really is more
> convenient for all parties.
>
> I don't mind updating the HTML for every contribution, but it'll take
> longer to converge.

Ok, the wiki is good for collaborative editing, but it gets out of date quickly as the source changes (it doesn't turn up in greps over the codebase among other things).  Once you guys converge, it would be great to move the info back to the docs.  If it's too early for that, feel free to keep hacking on it however convenient.  Thanks for working on this!

-Chris