[LLVMdev] [LLVMDev] Long compile times

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Nov 2 10:59:51 PDT 2010

Jeff Kunkel <jdkunk3 at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm just running VS 10 in debug mode. In a step by step set up:
>
> 1. I download the svn
> 2. I make my changes
> 3. I compile the libraries
> 4. I make changes to the code within my project
> 5. I compile my code, and I re-link llc with my changed files.
> 6. I repeat 4,5, and 6 until it finally works.

Well, that is hardly unexpected and adds little information to this
issue. The Output window on the IDE shows what the build is doing at
every moment and there you can see where it slows down.

Do you usually touch anything that requires tablegenning? A VC++
application compiled with debug settings is *much* slower that its
release-mode incarnation.