[LLVMdev] python usage for test cases

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Sun May 30 02:36:08 PDT 2010

On 05/29/2010 11:59 PM, Nathan Jeffords wrote:
> I have written a python based COFF object file dumper for use in
> automated testing. I followed the lead for the MachO test cases. Some
> concerned was expressed with putting a dependency on python into LLVM.

The clang tester already uses python, and there is 'make check-lit'
which can be used for testing.
I don't think a python dependency is a problem, you are more likely to
find python installed by default on various OSes than dejagnu.

And you can always make the test optional. i.e. if python is not
installed, skip the test.

Best regards,
--Edwin