[LLVMdev] Nightly build of CMake with clang 1.1

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri May 28 12:25:38 PDT 2010

Hi all,

(1st time post, I hope this is on topic...)

I notice that CMake is listed as one of the C++ projects that clang can build:
<http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html>

I thought I'd pass on that I've created a nightly build of CMake that
uses clang 1.1 (from llvm 2.7)
<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake>
(search for 'clang')

It does build, but...

A) there are a bunch of warnings of this type:

ld: warning: can't add line info to anonymous symbol 4-byte-literal

B) two of CMake's unit tests make clang assert:

Assertion failed: (TargetInitialized && "Target not initialized!"),
function getTargetVersion, file ToolChains.h, line 100.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com